1. Chest –
- Pericardium (Common Pericardium)
2. Abdomen –
- Liver (Shared – Previous Surgery)
- Distal Small Intestine
- Common Colon
- Crossed Overlapping Ureters
- Testes (Two in one twin, one of which was transferred to the other)
- External Genitalia (Male)
3. Pelvis – Common Pelvis -- divided between them
4. The third abnormal Lower Limb – Used to cover the abdominal defect
(Mostly for Ahmed)
The Operation also included the following procedures:
1. Repair of Pigeon Chest (Pectus Carinutum) in both twins.
2. Release of dense intra-abdominal adhesions.
3. Re-implanting of two Ureters in Mohammed's Urinary Bladder and one
4. Removal of non-functioning Kidney in Ahmed's abdomen.
5. Removal of the Sacrum of the third Lower Limb to give more space
6. Removing all bones from the third abnormal Lower Limb to develop
a flap (muscles and skin) to cover the wound of Ahmed.
7. Using a muscular flap from Ahmed's back to Mohammed's.
8. Using skin graft (split thickness) to cover the muscles of Mohammed.
- No tissue expander was needed.
- No artificial skin or mesh was used.